Saturday, March 06, 2010

The Next Sweater

While I was so excited to finally finish the inishmore, I spent the rest of the day wondering around trying to figure out what to do with myself. I actually missed having a project that I just could pick up and go. For me, that this is nice part about monogamous knitting, but it is also the downfall. I did have a sock I started ( for travel knitting) but I wanted to keep up the sweater knitting.

I spent Sunday evening picking out my next project. I've never done a top down sweater, and I've had the pattern for Mr Greenjeans in my queue for awhile. The yarn is another cone yarn I've had for many years. It is a bit of a mystery. It is a cabled tubular yarn with variegated mat sections and shiny sections (not metallic, but rayon like). I made a hat with it, and I thought it would be a nice sweater for fall days. It's in a dark green (slightly blue undertones) and the shiny parts are a silvery sage-like green. It has a nice drape, so we'll see. If it comes out ugly, Oh well.

As for the knitting, I'm liking it alot!!! I've already worked past the arm separations. yea!! The top is only in stockinette so I really flew on that. Everything feels faster after the labor of the Inishmore!!

I promise to put up pictures soon, I did have some problems with loading my camera software back on my computer, but it is all ready to go now. I just need to set it all up and take the pictures.

Today, I am going to the Lebanon Quilt and Fabric show. I've been itching to sew again. And I am hoping I can get some inspiration there. I've got tons of quilts from BK (before knitting). When quilting was my obsession. So I'm trying to think of some other items that I could work on.

No comments: