Monday, April 16, 2007

I've been Busy

Well, I've been very busy this spring. And lovin' it!! Thanks to Lime and Violet I discovered Socktopia (http://socktopia.net/blog/). The sock patterns are just beautiful!! I completed the Fanny Sock for my daughter in her school colors. She only wears ankle socks, because anything higher is just "too old-fashion" for my budding teen.

Fanny Socks

The sock yarn is absolutely fabulous. I ordered it from Etsy (Madeline Tosh). I would recommend her lovely yarn to anyone. I actually received over 450 yards and had enough to complete a pair of ankle socks for myself. These are in the pattern called Ampersand (http://throughtheloops.typepad.com/Ampersand.pdf). They are coming out very nicely. I'm not exactly a purple fan, but......since I can wear them to my children's' school events, I thought what the heck.

Ampersand socks IP


Oh yes...I have also finished the Tunic Tank. I'm not sure if I like the way it looks on me (hence no picture of me in it.) But maybe it's just that I haven't tried it on with the right shirt and pants. I tried it on with jeans and a t-shirt. And I felt like I was putting on a potato sack.....And it looks about that flattering, too. We will have to see if this one gets worn.

Tank Tunic 1


I also completed a ragged edge quilt from left over felt this weekend. Some girlfriends and I get together once a month and quilt or knit. I haven't been quilting because I've been enthralled with the knitting bug for some time. But this time I thought I'd drag my sewing machine along and finish this UFO. I'm glad I did. This is a very snuggly quilt.

flannel quilt

Happy knitting!!

No comments: