Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ampersand socks

Ampersands complete
I completed the Ampersand Socks. (Thank you Midnight Purls -http://throughtheloops.typepad.com/Ampersand.pdf ). This is such a great patten. And I love the Madeline Tosh yarn I used(Sorry it took me so long to give feedback - I just completely did not think of it.) I still have probably over 100 yards left after finishing my second pair of ankle socks. I added 3 knit stitches to the middle of the pattern as it was written. This worked out so I could do a Top down sock of 64 stitches.

Ampersand socks

A little more detail:
Ampersand socks2


New York Trip
While in New York I was able to get to Museum of Art and Design. The Lace and Subversive Knitting show was so nice. I really enjoyed it. I have to say I actually liked the coral snake exhibit which I had not heard about. The idea of knitting animal skins to save the actual killing of these animals for their skins is really COOL!! I'm not a heavy duty animal activist.....I just really loved patterns. I tried to take a picture but was filed by the guard. So sorry......

For now.....off to knit

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have that pattern on my to-do list, too!