Sunday, October 31, 2010

This Year of Sweaters is kicking my Ass!!

I've had enough!! I'm officially sick of sweaters. I want to knit everything but sweaters. I'm dreaming of stranded mittens and hats and more hats. And I want to make some cowls with my New Handspun. All my Knitting fantasies are about everything but sweaters!!!

OK, I feel better now.

Back to the Sweater Knitting:

I'm working on a simple top down Raglan based on the Spud & Chloe blog posts. I'm working on it in Reynolds Allagash I had in my stash. It's a bulky yarn, and I'm working it up on size 11 needles.


One would think it would go fast, but I feel like I've been knitting on it for about 6 months and I only have the shoulders and 1 sleeve done. I know it has not been 6 months, but I thought I could get this sweater done in about 2-3 weeks. Not so!! I guess this shows how apathetic I am about knitting sweaters right now. I've decided to force my way through this sweater, but it may be my last for a few months. I wanted to do one more before the end of the year, but I just don't think I can. I want my hobby to be enjoyable not forces.



That being said, as an escape from my sweater knitting, I've been spinning alot. I finished 4 oz of Crown Mountain Farms Superwash merino in Stand by Me colorway. It's about a sport weight 3-ply and I got 235 yards. I think I will make a cowl out of it. It's really nice and soft, and I like the colorway spun up. Even though I was not super loving the colorway of the roving.


I've heard that the uglier the roving the prettier the yarn. I've starting to believe that!!

No comments: