Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Baltic sweater is complete!

I've finished it! Yeah!!!! That is officially sweater number 4 for 2010.



It came out perfect. The fabric is not too thick. The Dark brown yarn was about 15 WPI or close to a light sport weight. As I previous discussed, I'm not sure if this yarn was hand spun or not, but it has a handspun quality about it. The Moorit color is a handspun and it worked perfectly with the dark brown. The sweater is wonderfully oversized. My kind of weekend sweater.

As you may have noticed I omitted the patterned collar and just completed the garter stitch colorwork part of the pattern. In all the Ravelry pictures I was not overly pleased with how the collar laid on this sweater. NancyBE did this collar style and I loved it. It suits me perfectly.

All the information about my sweater is here on my Rav page.

I'm thinking of designing a hat to match this sweater using the Cuff pattern for the bottom edge of the hat. We'll see if that comes to be....

I am already planning my next sweater. I still have more than 3 full sweaters worth of different yarns. But the next one will be out of Chunky weight! I want it to go faster than the Baltic!!

These sweaters are really eating up my stash. I love it! I love it! New and Exciting yarns will be coming into my life soon

No comments: