Saturday, September 30, 2006

Old and New

It is such a great feeling when you knit something and it turns out exactly as you had imaged it in your head. And better yet, when it is a sweater and turns out to be great. Not just Okay, - "I'd where this around the house", But GREAT!!! - "This looks like something others would want"

I finished my sweater and I am so proud of it.
Cotton Sweater


Cotton Sweater 2


I really do not have a pattern for this sweater. I only have my notes. Before I forget exactly what I did, I will try to write it out. I'm finding that just working out the pattern as you go is very fun. It is writing out the patterns that I don't seem to like very much.

And because I cannot be without a project. I immediately started a Vest . The Yarn is a Bulky wool (another cone yarn from eBay). It just cries out to be some kind of outerwear. So I am trying to pull together a hooded vest design. This is my progress so far. Of course the back is the easiest part.
wool vest back

The pattern is a neat stitch design. It is called Elm Seeds (from Leisure Arts book: 99 Knit Stitches) I'll keep you posted as I go along.

Oh and I have not forgot to post the pattern for the scarf from my last entry. As I said before, I hate writing out patterns. So I have been very lax on getting that typed up. It is exceptionally easy so I just need to sit down and do it!! The funny thing is I still have not finished the scarf. I actually needed 1 more skein to get it to the length I really wanted it to be. As it turns out ,my LYS was out of that particular color, so they did a search on the yarn and turned up a skein for me. I've been waiting for the yarn to be shipped to the store to pick it up. So my "filler project" is now a UFO. Oh well, it is a Christmas present. I think I will have no problem finishing it up before then.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Your sweater is beautiful! I think you may have a new career in designing knitwear. It looks great!

Miss Knotty said...

That's so great!!!! It looks fantastic!

Izzy said...

Well done! It looks even better on, too. An excellent fit. If I saw this in a shop, I would be there, examining how it was made...