Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fall update

I took a slight break this weekend from sweater knitting because I really wanted to try knitting with my first handspun yarn. I made this hat. It is the Vita Hat from Hip knit Hats. I added the fair isle for just a little pizazz. I loved how the handspun knitted up. I actually knitted this about 3 times because I kept making it too big. But I enjoyed knitting with my yarn so much I didn't mind tearing back to make it smaller.

Vita with Handspun

Vita Hat

I worked on my Candy Corn last week. I'm still about 1/2 a sleeve to go.
Candy corn seater

I've tried it on a couple of time. I think it looks better on than it does lying flat.

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

The hat looks great. Good job on the hand spun.

So close on the candy corn. I love the pattern and yarn together.