Saturday, October 20, 2007

Candy Corn Geurnsey

I've been working on my Candy Corn Guernsey. I'm about 1/2 way done.
Candy Corn Guernsey
In this picture it looks like a skirt, but I tried it on and I think it will make a nice tunic style sweater. The bottom part is a K2 with 10 stitches of moss stitch in between. This yarn shows of the moss stitching very well.
I've just finished the garter stitch band and I am going to start on the Indian Corn stitch for the top portion. This stitch was explained in the Holiday issue of Vogue Knitting. I thought it gave the knit fabric a really interesting texture. It inspired me to add it to the top and sleeve portion of this sweater.

by the way, the yarn is an ebay purchase of some Mull Spun Wool from a Connecticut Farm. The yarn has a nice heathery look.

Spinning:
Still have not purchased a wheel. I'm more "not yet" than "gotta have it!"

100_4135

I finished another 80 yard or so of the Fern Color roving. I am planning on using this for a hat for myself. I think I will likely start that as soon as I get to the sleeves of my sweater. I'm anxious to see how my yarn will knit up. I am hopefully that it is fairly balanced. But maybe for a hat that will not matter too much. We'll see.

Happy knitting!!

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

The Geurnsey is coming along great. I love the color.

You don't ever have to get a spinning wheel. Whatever makes you happy is what you should do.